Monday 22 July 2013

Honeymoon in Beirut: Part II

By all accounts, we are off to Beirut, Lebanon, for the weekend.  The Voice of Reason for work.  Me, not so much! Cannot wait.
 
Some people have "Bucket Lists".  Not me.  I do, however, have a wish list of things I want to do and / or see before I return to the Mother ship.  I composed this list last December while waiting for the hubby to return from one or the other mundane task and I add to it from time-to-time. 
 
Somewhere in the middle of the thirty seven items on my list, lies the desire to visit the Jeita Grotto, a series of cave systems that boast the world's largest stalactite.  I have no idea if I would be able to coerce my beloved to take the boat trip on the underground lake to go and visit the cave systems, but I sure am going to try!
 
I also would not mind seeing the Roman Baths, visit the old city of Batroun and of course, go see what Byblos (Oldest inhabited city in the world, inhabited since 8000 BC) is all about.  If I have my way, a trip to Downtown Beirut would also be thrown in the mix and then, of course, water baby that I am, I want to swim in the ocean. 
 
Wow, wonder how much we will be able to fit into the trip?  Only going for two nights...
 
 I shall endeavour to take pictures and share with you next week.  (As always, internet access permitting)


Jeita Grotto
 

No comments:

Post a Comment