Monday 15 July 2013

Funk

Not in the best of moods today.  This does not happen very often, default factory settings being jolly, happy-go-lucky, ready to see the funny in almost everything.  So when I wake up in a not-so-happy mood, it kind of throws me off my game a bit.  Oh well, guess I'll just have to get over it.
 
Had ourselves a relatively quiet week last week.  The New Moon was spotted and Ramadan officially started last Wednesday. 
 
So far so good, although I have to confess to a sick and twisted longing for pork belly, which craving I finally succumbed to last night.  I cooked and scarfed it down with great enthusiasm, cheeks all pink and shiny. Happiness.  I know, I know, I am a sick person... Don't judge me.
 
Boredom got the better of me last week and I decided to try my hand at jam making, as any normal person does when bored, right?  Found a relatively simple recipe for sweet chilli jam and made it a couple of days ago.  Absolutely. Fabulous.  Since then I have been planning all my meals around what would go with the jam, with the result that the jar is now half eh... empty (On a good day I would say half full.  Maybe tomorrow).
 
Sweet Chilli Jam
 
What else?  Oh.  I started going to aqua aerobics classes again last week. I have joined a new class with a new instructor.  This woman has no sense of humour, does not understand my jokes and takes life very seriously.  She also has an amazingly toned body, proudly sports an eight-pack, not a six-pack and has such a muscular stomach that her belly button seem to have popped out. I don't think there was space for the belly button and abdominal muscles, so something had to give! So, despite her lack of understanding of my jokes, I love the classes.  A really good workout and I am hoping to report the popping out of my own belly button soon!
 
And that's all for now, folks.  Don't worry, my moods never last too long, it takes up way too much energy.  It has been pointed out that I very possibly also suffer from (a mild case of) ADD, so as soon as I see something shiny, I'll forget what upset me in the first place.  There are advantages to having certain disorders haha.
 
Since I am feeling down today, The Eagles' "Hotel California" and "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum have been fighting for possession of the mind today.  Here are the links.  Listen.  Join me...

Click here to listen to Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale"

Click here to listen to "Hotel California" - The Eagles


 

No comments:

Post a Comment