Tuesday 25 June 2013

Gardening, le Roux-style

Since I found a sad, sad garden upon my return from South Africa, we did a bit of gardening this weekend.  Balcony is tiny, but this is about what we can handle.  Will be adding a couple of smaller pots and plants this weekend. 

 
I planted a variety of seeds in the two trays and will report on whichever one makes it out alive! Before that, I shall remain mum...  Cannot take credit for Emily's tomato plant on the right, which had been placed into our custody temporarily. (Because we are clearly so great at keeping these things alive)


 




 
A bit of colour.  Hoping my white and purple daisy will recover sufficiently.  Apparently, it is extremely hard to kill off geraniums. Thank Goodness! 

 
And finally, meet Miss Olive Grove! What is a proper le Roux garden without an olive tree?  I am hoping for success.  Success being keeping the thing alive. So far we've had zero luck with anything planted in that corner.  Please please please please...

3 comments:

  1. Love the fact that you call putting seeds in a pot "gardening". May they all make it through alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Cause that's how I roll...


    Seriously, though, we had to replace a couple of dead plants, so new potting soil and replanting for all the pots, not just potting soil and seeds ;-)

    Happy to report that my little lettuce seedlings made it out of the soil first. Yeah! Have tomatoes and peppers in the back container, hoping to grow a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw a Jamie Oliver show on growing veggies in your flat. With tomatoes, hang up a bag of potting soil, make slits in the bag and plant the seeds there. The tomatoes grow out of the bag.

    ReplyDelete