Monday 13 May 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays

Not raining today, but it sure feels like a Monday!

I once again find myself squished into the corner of our tiny balcony, as it is the only place I can get any form of signal to connect to the internet. If my iPhone falls off this balcony, it will really be a blue Monday!

Yup, our connectivity issues are still with us and is no longer funny. How long can it take to sort this out, already?

This is my last week in Jordan for a while. I leave for South Africa on Saturday evening, back mid-June, so I will be posting from good ol' SA from next week, Insh'Allah, as they say in these parts.

If I can connect to the Internet on my pc before then, I will post pictures of the Citadel, which we finally visited this past weekend.

I. Loved. It.

I have one picture on my mobile, will attach it at the end of my post. Truly a must-visit, in my opinion.

The Citadel, locally known as Jabal al Qal'a, sits on top of one of Amman's highest hills and is one of Amman's oldest known inhabited places. It dates back 7000 years, to the time of the rise of civilisation in Mesopotamia.

Over the years, the Citadel housed not only the Romans, but also survived the earlier Byzantine and Umayyad eras, amongst others.

I found the Citadel an absolutely fascinating place to visit and I hope I can share the photos with you soon.

Before I leave I will also try to update you on my gardening project (insert snigger here).

But until then, I bid you a fond farewell from our tiny, dusty balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment